Friday, August 22, 2014

Mosaics, continued

The mosaic tile theme is going to go on for a while, it looks like, as various people start and finish their projects.  Here are Ellen's two finished pieces (she'll be using them as hot-pots or trivets):



And I've finished 2 projects too, both meant to cover small tables.  Here's one with wonky uneven edges, which I mean to use under a potted plant.  For this, I started with a large 12"x12" tile, and broke off some of the corners, to achieve the asymmetrical look, then covered it with tile shards up to the edges (but not beyond).  Grouting these edges was challenging, but they look smooth and polished enough.



And the small table mosaic I started with a few weeks ago changed somewhat from my original design.  For one, the grouting I used turned out pink!  (what did I expect when I mixed in red and terra-cotta paints with the white sanded grout??  or rather, why did I expect it to turn out a dark brown??).



No comments:

Post a Comment