Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Painting Tile Trivets

So today was my first long distance craft night. I joined Michelle and Jordan through Skype and it worked out pretty well. We jammed to some Romanian hip hop and while they were working on a collaborative painting, I worked on painting a trivet. I've been obsessed with making trivets lately. Here are two of my previous projects:

This is based on a painting by Leonid Afremov. I recently discovered this painter and I love his style. His paintings are so colourful and bold. I used acrylic paints and then sealed it with a clear varnish.

I painted this one after reading about Mandalas. A Mandala is a symbol that represents the Universe in both Hinduism and Buddhism and is usually characterized by radial symmetry.

Today, I worked on a painting of a bird.
(in progress)

(finished project)

Now I think I might take a break from trivets for awhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment