Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quilted Colour Wheel

We haven't had a theme to work on collectively the last little while, so we've each been doing our own thing.  Chantal is decorating a clear vase with autumn leaves (painted and embellished with gold/metallic pen, and glued on with Mod-Podge).  Jordan is close to finishing his painting of the spider with the face of an old man (that's my description of it, but Jordan may have another).  And Ellen started a gorgeous painting of the Toronto skyline a couple of weeks ago over Skype, which I hope to see completed soon.



I finally finished the quilted colour wheel I started at the beginning of the month.  Here are a couple of photos of work in progress, to show just how much the beginning and the end of my projects resemble each other (usually not much!).





To add a bit of texture to the final quilt, I stitched in (free-motion) a bunch of wool/felt 'nuggets' (loose, pebble-like bits of felt, brightly dyed).  I love the final effect (though I had to struggle with my sewing machine to get it done, and only finished after breaking 5 needles...).



No comments:

Post a Comment