Thursday, July 23, 2015

Out of the Box

Lately I've been trying to branch out and try out some new surfaces for paintings. In my last post, I included some trivets I had been working on. In this post, there are some boxes I painted at about the same time and I am finally getting around to posting them.


Both boxes are painted with acrylic paints. I also seal them with a clear, spray varnish.


This box was painted as a Christmas gift for a cardinal lover. Birds have always been a favourite of mine to paint. The textures and colour gradients in their feathers are always a fun challenge.


This box is inspired by a painting by Leonid Afremov (my new favourite artist). He usually uses oil paints, but I will always be an acrylic girl. I like to layer my colours and it takes way too long with oil paints. Patience is apparently not one of my virtues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment