Thursday, July 23, 2015

Work Examples!

Hey all! It was suggested that I post some examples of my artwork to share since I am newer to the UWindsor Crafters scene. I favour detailed realism and traditional pencil work (both coloured and graphite) when it comes to my drawings. However, my background in Fish and Wildlife has opened my eyes to the beauty and intricacy of natural animal skulls, and how I can combine my love for biology and art into one. For the past 3 years, I have been experimenting with acrylic ink paintings and designs onto animal skulls I have cleaned and whitened myself. All wildlife parts I obtain are not harmed for the purpose of art - most specimens I receive are roadkill, found in the woods,
donated from hunters, or were donated to the college I attended for educational purposes. I really enjoy giving these animals a chance to be admired again - a life after death, so to speak.









No comments:

Post a Comment