Thursday, June 3, 2010

FO: raggy quilt

I already posted this on a larger post on my own blog about my finished objects, but I thought it made sense to post it here, too. It's my first (and potentially last?) raggy quilt, which I made for my niece (who should be born any day now). Each square is under 4" so yeah, that's a tiny quilt. But I was having trouble cutting them since I don't have a nifty cutting mat or rotary cutter. Instead, I was using scissors!! Other mistakes I made: I didn't pre-wash my fabric, which I think has caused the wrinkly look; I didn't cut all the squares the same size, which means I had some squares come undone when I washed it - necessitating some emergency quilt mending; and I didn't know what to do about the border before I started making it and I therefore don't like it, especially the corners. I actually do have a lot more flannel around, and I'd like to experiment with modifying my own clothes, so I think that I would like to buy myself a cutting mat + rotary cutter. Michelle, any suggestions?


2 comments: