Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jess's latest crochet adventure

It was my sister's (cough 30th cough) birthday last week, and I haven't given her a crocheted gift before so... I resolved to make her a cute bag.



I started with a multicoloured yarn at the bottom, added white and deep blue stripes, then went back to the multicolour, then back to blue to finish it up to the straps. The bottom half is single crochet, with the top half sort of a mesh (interlocked short chains), and single crochet again on the straps. The meshyness of the top half inspired me to thread a white ribbon through it and tie a bow.

The end product is nothing fancy, but I figured it would make a good grocery or beach bag.

Verdict: my sister likes it! Yay! :)

2 comments:

  1. Coolbeans!
    Did you make up the pattern or did you find it in a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is super adorable... too bad you had to tell the world how old I am :P

    ReplyDelete